To receive the latest information related to COVID-19 from Steelcase, click here.
MAY 5: Office Environments’ main priority during this time has been to keep our employees and clients safe. Since our last update on March 25, Office Environments has developed COVID-19 workplace safety procedures and have taken guidance from the CDC and OSHA to ensure our protocols are the most current and effective measures of limiting virus transfer and protection for everyone involved.
As we begin to transition back to the office, we will implement a phased plan that will control the number of people in the office each day to support social distancing. We will also encourage and support those who wish to continue working from home. Please note that this is a rapidly changing situation and we intend to communicate with you as situations evolve.
- We will practice social distancing of at least 6 feet – no exceptions! This rule applies to employees, clients, vendors, etc.
- PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided to all employees (this includes face masks). Face masks are required to be worn throughout our entire facility, including the warehouse.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be strategically placed throughout the office.
- We highly encourage the use of video conferencing, even if everyone is in the office.
- Deep cleaning resumed on May 2. This will consist of sanitizing all surfaces in common areas, along with each workstation. This will continue every evening after 5:00PM Monday – Friday.
- Virus vaporization resumed on May 3. This will continue every Sunday until further notice.
- Due to the close proximity in which installers and warehouse support work, these employees are required to wear gloves and face masks at all times (both our location and customer locations).
- Installers & Warehouse support are provided PPE by the company. This includes but not limited to gloves, face masks and personal hand sanitizer.
- All Installers will have their temperature taken prior to entering client locations.
In addition to creating and implementing these protocols, Office Environments has been working hand in hand with Atrium Health, offering 24/7 support to assist in their COVID-19 response. We donated warehouse space to store and redeploy hospital beds, along with essential medical equipment needed to support COVID-19 patients.
APRIL 1: Since we can’t host visitors in our showroom right now, we thought we would bring our showroom to you! You can now tour our showroom virtually by clicking the link below. To move around to new spaces in the showroom, click the white dots shown on the screen. https://lnkd.in/g7QW9H2
MARCH 25: Effective Thursday, March 26 Mecklenburg County is under a “stay at home” order. Protected under the order, our warehouse will remain open and fully operational and we will continue to complete all installations for all product that is currently in house or en-route.
However, until the order is lifted, our Charlotte showroom will remain closed and employees will be working from home. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail with your name and call back number at 704-714-7200. We will return emails and voicemails in a timely manner. For existing clients, please reach out to your dedicated Office Environments Account Executive.
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly and we intend to communicate with you as situations evolve. We remain committed to supporting our client-base as well as design partners during this unprecedented time we are facing. Most importantly, we want you to know we are here for you, and we are in this together.